Hollywood Lights, Inc. is the Northwest’s premier design-based, full service event and theatrical supply company. Established in 1948, Hollywood Lights has grown continually including an expansion into the Seattle market in 1995, leading the Northwest in quality stage and event lighting, power, audio visual, electrical contracting, system sales, retail sales, rentals and installation.
This fast paced, highly collaborative, client-centric business requires outgoing, detail-oriented individuals capable of a broad range of tasks. We are a passionate, talented, and hard-working team dedicated to building strong relationships with our clients and partnering with them to provide the best solutions for their needs. New team members are expected to bring a professional, friendly and helpful manner to every client interaction. Candidates must be disciplined individuals committed to teamwork, have the ability to be self-directed with strong decision making skills and ensure an exceptional experience for our customers.
REQUIRED TRAINING/SKILLS for MOST POSITIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- Stable work history
- Outgoing and friendly demeanor with superior customer service attitude
- Basic computer and office equipment skills
- Ability to learn new computer programs quickly
- Ability to remain calm and productive under pressure
- Strong organizational skills with ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Fluent in English with excellent interpersonal skills and communication, both verbal and written
- Full use of limbs, hands and digits, good hearing and vision
OTHER RELEVANT TRAINING/SKILLS for MOST POSITIONS:
- College education
- Lighting, Theater, Film, Video, or other Event experience
- Excel, Word, Adobe Illustrator or PowerPoint skills
- Experience using a multi-line phone system
- Experience with shipping/receiving/inventory control
- Experience driving a forklift
- Knowledge and experience with the following: theatrical makeup, soft goods, conventional lighting, LED lighting, dimming, electrical, control, rigging, scenic paint, scenic hardware
SALARY & SCHEDULE for MOST POSITIONS:
Starting wage: varies based on position, qualifications and experience Portland Office Hours: M-F 8 am to 6 pm, Saturdays 10 am to 2 pm. Seattle Office Hours: M-F 8 am to 5 pm Travel: Occasional local and regional travel required. Personnel in most positions must be available for off-hour and other weekend work
BENEFITS for MOST POSITIONS:
Medical insurance paid for FULL time Employees
Paid Sick Time for PART time employees / Paid Holidays and Time Off for FULL time employees
401(k) plan available following first year of employment for all employees
Aflac and Dental plans available for all employees
At Hollywood Lights, Inc. our mission is to provide leadership and excellence in our industry by offering exceptional customer service and superior equipment through empowered employees.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES:
We lead with INTEGRITY. We are committed to doing what is right, even when there is great pressure to do otherwise.
Our PASSION drives us: Be it our passion for creativity in design, our passion for providing innovative solutions to our client’s challenges, or our passion for exceeding our client’s expectations.
We strive for a culture of DISCIPLINE. We desire to hire disciplined people who engage in disciplined thought and disciplined action.
TEAMWORK is encouraged and fostered through open communication, along with the knowledge that through collaboration we are greater than the sum of our parts.
We embrace CHANGE and the opportunities it offers.
We strive to grow wisely and PROFITABILY.
APPLICATIONS ALWAYS WELCOME:
We gladly accept applications and resumes at all times
Send resume with cover letter and references here.